February 24, 2010

A wonderful winter week...

Dave and Jenna rode the quad and Dave's snowmobile for a little while at his parents house.  It was pretty chilly out so the ride didn't last too long, but was fun anyway!

Then after shoveling the driveway they decided to have a snowball fight.  Garrett and I watched from inside, maybe next year he'll be the one throwing snow at her...
Garrett loves his cereal so we added some baby food to the mix.  I used avacados to make some baby food and when I was done mashing it up Jenna looked and it and said "there is no way he's going to eat that mom, it's disgusting!"  She was shocked to learn that she too ate this and liked it when she was a baby!
After a full tummy it's naptime...he is a crazy sleeper!  He twists and wiggles around in his crib until his legs are sticking out the sides, this is only a problem when he wants to flip to his tummy but can't because his legs are stuck.
It was nice to occasionally put him in the bouncy seat when I needed to keep him safe from his sister but apparently he's too big for it now!  If you buckle him in he just sits up.
We hear a lot of comments about how big his hands are...and they are rather large but so is the rest of him.  He now has little rolls for wrists and dimples on every knuckle, they are more like paws than hands.  It won't be long and these hands will be getting ito everything! 
Last week Wednesday Garrett started coughing.  Thursday morning he woke up with one tooth and by the time we put him to bed at night he had a second one!  Friday morning he woke up and the cough was more of a wheeze so I called the doctor.  I almost called later in the day to cancel the appointment I had made because he was still acting so happy...he just didn't sound right though  and wasn't eating well so we went.  Glad I did, on top of cutting his teeth he had the start of an ear infection and tested positive for RSV.  He responded well to the nebulizer treatment in the office so we were sent home with one for the weekend.  He was such a trooper and most of the time would sit contently or just fall to sleep during each treatment.  By his appointment on Monday he was breathing much better!  If I have to have a sick baby at least he's still happy!  Now after a few days of coughing up everything he'd eat and lots of dirty diapers due to the meds we just need to work on getting him back on schedule.
Despite being sick he was still full of smiles! 
I promised Jenna the next post would have more pictures of her :-).  She is doing well too and having lots of fun at school and playing with her friends.  It's so hard to believe she's growing up so fast!

No comments: