March 9, 2010

Go Fast, Growing Fast!

A couple weeks ago Dave and Matt took the kids for some sled rides behind the snowmobiles.  The kids were so excited and had a lot of fun, especially telling Dave to "Go faster".  Jenna and Gracie donned some shades to keep the cold air off their eyes....pretty stylish sledders if I say so myself.
Thank goodness Grandma Sandy bought a big sled so all four could ride together.  Grace, Jenna, Jacob and Hannah all rode together and it worked quite well.

How can Garrett be 6 months old already.  I know I sound like a broken record but seriously time is flying and he is growing so fast!  He's had some pretty big firsts in the last month including the not so fun being sick for the first time.  He also got his first two teeth!  He loves his cereal and baby food and finds it rather entertaining to make motorboat sounds and see how much of it he can spit on the poor person feeding him.  He sits up all by himself and loves playing with toys in front of he can keep a better watch out for his sister trying to sneak up to bug him.  It's so cute to see him put his little arms in the air if he wants you to pick him up.  We don't have his 6 month appointment until next week but when he was sick and we had him to the doctor he was 20lbs 3ozs.  It's so fun to watch him grow and learn...just love this little man!

1 comment:

The Nikkels said...

i got your facebook message! so frustrating listening to them cry, isn't it?! i tried everything under the sun for neal and a few things did eventually work:
1. grape water. i used colic calm which is only available online. but most health food stores carry really good grape waters. it seems to calm them down.
2. my doctor finally suggested that neal was in some pain (like from a headache or something) and he was scared to sleep. which, made sense to me because his crying wasn't normal. so we did a combination of 1/2 tsp of benadryl and 1/2 tsp of baby tylenol. it sounds crazy, but it worked. it helped him sleep through the night and break his habit of waking up. it was awesome. after about 2 weeks i started weaning neal off. i would only give it to him every other day etc. it really worked well! hope this helps!!!